Selling retail is as exciting and profitable as it can get for many boutique owners. An entrepreneur, however, first needs to find products to sell before they can reap the benefits of this business endeavor.
This begins with deciding what product you actually want to sell followed by sourcing wholesale suppliers for these items. Determining which products will invite shoppers and buyers, is tricky, but working with your merchandisers you can stock your retail store with an inventory that will move. The types of suppliers you will want to look into for your wholesale products include:
- Manufacturers. Directly buying from manufacturers entails purchasing at a significantly higher minimum order rate. However, manufacturers are more likely to sell to smaller retailers via their distributors.
- Distributors. They tend to sell at lower minimum quantities than manufacturers. They also tend to carry a larger variety of products in a certain category from a wider array of manufacturers so retailers have more options
- Liquidators. This kind of supplier is perfect for retailers with more flexibility when it comes to their product needs. They offer up to 75 percent off on the original wholesale price. However, their products are usually gone for good once sold out, which means that a good selling product can’t be reordered.
- Importers. This is ideal for retailers who wish to sell specialty products from other countries.
- Drop Shippers. This is great for online retailers. Drop shippers are distributors who order from manufacturers or other distributors upon request from a retailer. The items are shipped to the retailer’s customers directly as orders are placed.
What Type of Wholesaler is ICJUK?
One that works directly with small boutique and retail storefront owners to fill your store with limited edition inventory. Whether you choose from our selection of designer tees, tanks, or dolmans, or you elect to have Claire Jane create you a unique design, that will only be available in your retail location, the choice is yours. With low minimum quantity orders, you can display an eye catching inventory sure to draw in foot traffic, and give your retail shop immediate exposure to a following rich with fashionistas, rockers, and die hard fans.